January 13, 2016

Homemade Raw Apple Cider Vinegar

Labels: ,


If health websites are to be believed, raw apple cider vinegar could remedy a lot of common ailments from asthma to colds and coughs and may help in losing weight. ACV is natural and cheap and there's really no harm in having it every day, I guess.

Bragg Unfiltered Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar [with the mother] is the best product on the market and affordable at $4.00 for a 16-ounce bottle and $6.50 for a 32-ounce bottle. It's available online and in grocery stores.


I have a 32 ounce bottle but I wanted to know if I can make it with homemade apple juice just to compare the flavors. I added half a tablespoon each of sugar and Bragg ACV to 32 ounces fresh apple juice (no pulp) to speed up the fermentation, placed it in a small ceramic bean pot, and covered it with a towel and the pot's lid. I placed the pot on top of the refrigerator for some warmth and left it alone for 5 weeks. The total cost is about $2.00. I buy apples in bulk and use all parts of the apple except the stems for jellies, preserves, and natural yeast for breads. I'm happy that my homemade ACV tastes like Bragg and it has lots and lots of the "mother".

I will make ready-to-drink mix with my AVC, raw honey, and filtered water to have in between meals. It's also great to use in vinaigrette or mixed with water and liquid soap as an all-purpose cleaner.

my homemade ACV has loads of the "mother"

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com