April 29, 2011

Food Friday: Cookies and Candies

Labels: , , , , , ,

Paciencia Cookies
paciencia (patience), very crunchy 1-inch macaron-like cookies but without nuts


Filipino Candies
Filipino candies


Food Friday


Paciencia cookies, which are of Spanish origin, look like the French macarons complete with tiny feet but they are made with just flour, egg whites, sugar, and vanilla extract. The ones from La Pacita bakery have egg yolks, though, but I like that they are very very crunchy and addicting...you can't stop eating once you start popping one in your mouth. And I just had to grab a packet of Mangorind, combination mango and tamarind, when I saw it at the store. They are sweet and tart and I love its chewy texture similar to fruit leather or pate de fruits. The packet of hard mints with soft chocolate centers was a gift from an online Filipino grocery store. The candies taste a lot better than the ubiquitous Halls mentholyptus (menthol + eucalyptus) candies and perfect as after-dinner mints. I keep several pieces in my handbag so I have something to "eat" when I get hungry while shopping.

5 comments:

maiylah said...

one of my fave snacks...ung paciencia! i haven't tasted the two candies that you featured, though..will grab a bag when i see them. ;)

happy weekend!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

sarap!! i love pinoy goodies. :D

Mirage said...

I was making macarons earlier and I thought of this goodies, I thought they were called eggnogs, or was that the brand! So coincidental you posted them...the once that stayed too long in the oven definitely were like pacencia! pacencia mejo matigas para maging macaron :D

Juliana said...

Oggi, I would love to get my hands to the paciencia cookies. They look so light and yummie! Have a great week ahead :-)

Kayni said...

I've always been a pacienca fan. I was in Jersey City recently and happen to see a Filipino store. I filled up on pastillas, chocnut and more...lol.

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com