April 26, 2009

Lasang Pinoy Sundays: Swirls And Twirls

Labels: , , ,

ube, maple paste
matcha and chocolate, chocolate buns, rye




Swirls and twirls must be two of my favorite words in the English language. How else do I explain my obsession in making swirly bread loaves, buns, and cookies. I seem to be attracted to anything swirly. A few weeks ago I made meringues with swirls. It's very easy to do: Using a small brush, draw three thin lines of paste food dye on the whole length of a disposable icing bag, form the meringues with a large star tip, and you'll have swirly pattern on the cookies. Next time I make these meringues I'll use Filipino flavors such as ube, langka, and buco-pandan. I bet those will taste good.

matcha and lemon meringues

Lasang Pinoy Sundays, a weekly gallery of food photography is hosted by SpiCes.

The Ube Swirl bread recipe is here for those who are interested. :-)

8 comments:

MUSHROOMSfromHOME said...

very pretty and colorful! i bet yummy too! love the meringues; will try to learn how to do those beautiful swirls and twirls

Mirage said...

A total Wowow, oggi! love those meringue, they look so elegant hihi...

iska said...

the meringues look gorgeous and i'm sure they're yummy...

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Gorgeous job as usual! Both look so delicious!

agent112778 said...

thanx for sharing the recipe of nuttela zebra

my entry is heremagandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

ces said...

how creative on those meringue! i want to do those...soon! love it:)

Zriz said...

Wow! Those are creative ideas! I remember buying loaves of "rainbow swirl" bread when I was growing up! :)

BTW wala akong entry ngayon, though... I didn't have time to make anything twirled... :(

Oggi said...

MfM, G, Iska, Joelen, Jay, Ces, Zriz, thanks all!:)

Jay, you're welcome.

Zriz, rainbow swirl bread sounds interesting.:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com