March 7, 2009

Upcoming Concerts In Washington, D.C.

Labels: , , , ,

Keiko Matsui: March 22, 2009 at 3 PM as a guest performer at the US Air Force Band concert series. Free admission, details here if you live around here or will be in this area that week.


TURANDOT: The Kennedy Center, May 19 - June 4, 2009. My daughter and I have been waiting for this show for almost a year now. We heard that one of the sopranos sharing the role is younger than previous performers who IMHO were too old and scary-looking rather than the beautiful ice princess that a long list of men lost their heads (literally) for.

THE BAD PLUS: March 26, 2009 at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C. Unfortunately for us, they will be accompanied by Yoko.....I mean Wendy, so no, we're not going. They are also scheduled to perform without her on March 29, 2009 at Ramshead Tavern in Annapolis, MD but somehow I have lost my enthusiasm for TBP. I also have a bad feeling she will appear there as well. I shudder at the thought of seeing and hearing her. Meh.


2 comments:

caninecologne said...

what part of the movie is the song 'trees' featured? i thought the whole score was by carter burwell.

Oggi said...

canine cologne, I just found out the person who attributed the video to keiko was mistaken. I had it in my draft many months ago and did not check. I already corrected it. Sorry about that.:)

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com