December 3, 2006

The Washington Post Book World Top 10 List for 2006

None of the fiction books I read this year made it to this year's The Washington Post Book World top 5, one non-fiction did, THE OMNIVORE'S DILEMMA: A NATURAL HISTORY OF FOUR MEALS by Michael Pollan.

Books I read that are in the 100 best fiction:
THE LAST WITCHFINDER James Morrow
THE MISSION SONG John le Carré
THE PALE BLUE EYE Louis Bayard
RESTLESS William Boyd
TALK TALK T.C. Boyle
BLACK SWAN GREEN David Mitchell
THE CRIMES OF JORDAN WISE Bill Pronzini

I am baffled that THE ACCIDENTAL by Ali Smith is among the list of 100. I think this novel is incredibly awful and one of the worst books in my honest opinion.

Possibly The Worst Books I Have Ever Read In My Entire Life (in no particular order, they are all terrible):
THE ACCIDENTAL Ali Smith
THE FIG EATER Jody Shields
DEADLY SLIPPER Michelle Wan
LAST MAN STANDING David Baldacci

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com